“The CEO of British Petroleum, to pay back the Gulf Coast for all the damage they’ve done to the environment. That’s what I would implant. The oil spill is just a horrific disaster. It’s so depressing and unbelievable. It’s so irresponsible.”—Leonardo DiCaprio | Asked what idea he would plant, and in whose mind, if he had the skills of his character in “Inception” (via whenthecamerasoff)
10. the beatles 9. nirvana 8. passion pit 7. aesop rock 6. atmosphere 5. kid cudi 4. led zeppelin 3. brand new 2. MGMT 1. p@!td
Nine things people should know about you:
9. I’m cheap cheap cheap, the fact that I regularly go to taco bell and spend a max $2.92 attests to that 8. I love photography and I have 21 cameras (and I wish to say I didn’t want more but I do). I miss taking pictures after a couple days and I feel awkward taking pictures of people I don’t know very well which is something I hope to get over . almost every picture I take has a human being in it because I really love capturing the depth of human emotion. I just want to capture as much as the human experience possible 7. I already have the names of my future pets picked out, and one of them will be a husky (river phoenix) and one will be a Himalayan (rikki tiki tavi) and another Ima name Indiana Jones…my house is going to be so hairy 6. I hate the fact that I blush so much and am shy. I wish I were more loquacious 5. I am a vegetarian and I really want to be a vegan but I like cheese too much :’( but really I live off cheese and I don’t want to know how they make it because then I’ll feel guilty eating it 4. MEXICAN FOOD IS MY LYFE (I guess I talk about food a lot) 3. The Lost Boys is my favorite movie, that or the goonies 2. I believe everything happens for a reason and I have to keep reminding myself not to take things so seriously 1. I don’t really know what I want out of life yet but I know I want to help people and animals.
Eight things you’d say to eight people:
8. I’m sorry I stop talking sometimes, I notice when I do it and I couldn’t tell you why I do it. Something just happens where I completely close up and don’t want to talk, I doesn’t mean I don’t love you, it just means I’m weird. I’m so proud of you and the fact that you manage to get out of bed every morning. I hope all your dreams come true, you really freaking deserve it. 7. YOU BETTER TREAT MY MOM RIGHT BUDDY. I have a hunch you will but JUST SAYING. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED. 6. I’m so so so so proud of you and I wish I was able to tell you that more often. I love you so much and I wish I got to see you more. Your jokes are terrible, but I think that’s the reason I laugh so much when I hear them. 5. You are so lovely, stop underestimating your abilities and talents. I wish you could really see yourself and stop listening what people (who have no idea what you are like) tell you. Don’t let things bring you down. I believe in you and I want you to believe in yourself. Oh and you’re not weird, you’re goofy! 4. You are my best friend in the whole entire world and I’m afraid of losing you to long distances. I honestly want you to be in my life forever because I don’t know anyone as cool and as lame as you are, and you know I mean that in the kindest way possible. You are slow to anger and cruelty, and your first reaction is always kindness. I admire how you handle things, and always with a smile. You know even when you’re crying you manage to find something to smile about. You always make me feel better and you seem to have a 6th sense of being able to tell when I’m down. I like all those silly faces you make and I’m glad that you find my jokes funny. You know you could be a comedian and I do hope I see you making those silly faces in an SNL sketch. I love that you love animals so much, your passion for whale wars is wonderful and I hope you make it on that ship someday (I would really love to be there right beside you taking your picture). You’ve had a tough life but you made it out alright-more than alright, you’re frickin awesome. You have the biggest heart of any one I know, and that’s the honest to God truth. Ima miss you so much son (plus you’re the only girl who i can call son). Youz my special pickle friend, and I promise to show off my yodeling pickle to all the kids at school—>that even sounds wrong dude. I meant to write this your yearbook but uh…yeah I guess I will later 3. I don’t ever want you to leave. The family won’t be the same without you. You are the glue holding our family together. I wish people could live forever sometimes, I wish this was the case with you. 2. You are so crazy and hilarious. I wish I’d got to know you sooner. I like the way you talk, its pretty awesome and hard not to imitate. You are so smart and kind and beautiful. Geez you’re an awesome human being! Ima cry when you leave for college. ….meehhhhhhhhhhhhhh D’: 1. You’re a blessing. I have no idea where we’d be without you.
Seven things you wish you had:
7. Canon 5d Mark II 6. money for college tuition 5. the ability to sing4. a dog that behaved D: (this means you tank tank) 3. a car, preferably a versa ;) 2. a job!! 1. motivation to make my dreams come true
Six places you love:
6. chicago 5. baja burrito 4. barcelona-i want to go to there 3. mexican restaurants in general? 2. the ocean 1. hawaii
Five things you did today:
5. NOT SLEEP 4. watched weird movies (brick? my own private idaho? dogfight?) 3. got angry and listened to happy music 2. cleanneeeddddd the houuseeee like a boss 1. lost my phone only to realize I was using it as an ipod in the speakers heh
Four people you wish you could meet:
4. James Franco 3. J.K. Rowling 2. Andy Samberg 1. River Phoenix :(
Three favorite things to drink:
3. Tea (of the bubble,arizona, persian, or chai variety) 2. raspberry lemonade 1. chocolate milk (see how this vegan thing would be difficult?!)
Two hopes for the future:
2. live a life I absolutely love and make a difference 1. write a book that’s not crap
Studies have found that upon entering an office, people behave more competitively when they see a sharp leather briefcase on the desk, they talk more softly when there is a picture of a library on the wall, and they keep their desk tidier when there is a vague scent of cleaning agent in the air. But none of them are consciously aware of the influence of their environment.
There may be few things more fundamental to human identity than the belief that people are rational individuals whose behavior is determined by conscious choices. But recently psychologists have compiled an impressive body of research that shows how deeply our decisions and behavior are influenced by unconscious thought, and how greatly those thoughts are swayed by stimuli beyond our immediate comprehension.
In an intriguing review in the July 2 edition of the journal Science, published online Thursday, Ruud Custers and Henk Aarts of Utrecht University in the Netherlands lay out the mounting evidence of the power of what they term the “unconscious will.” “People often act in order to realize desired outcomes, and they assume that consciousness drives that behavior. But the field now challenges the idea that there is only a conscious will. Our actions are very often initiated even though we are unaware of what we are seeking or why,” Custers says…